Financial Support For School Trips
Parents who can prove they are in receipt of the following benefits may be eligible to receive financial assistance:
- Universal Credit in prescribed circumstances;
- Income Support (IS);
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA);
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- Child Tax Credit, provided that Working Tax Credit is not also received and the family’s income (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs) does not exceed certain limits;
- the guarantee element of State Pension Credit;
- an income related employment and support allowance that was introduced on 27 October 2008.
If your child is eligible for the Pupil Premium fund, you may also be eligible for financial assistance.
The three identified groups entitled to the Pupil Premium are:
1) Students who are currently, or who have been, entitled to free school meals (FSM) or have been at any point over the past 6 years (Ever 6).
2) Children in local authority care or adopted from local authority care (LAC)
3) Students who have at least one parent working for the Armed Services or have had at some point in the past 4 years (Ever5 Services).
If you think you are eligible, please contact, in writing, the trip organiser at the Academy.